Atkinson Associates was set up in 1995 and its principal, Michael Atkinson has been involved in all aspects of corrosion prevention and the surface treatment of metals since 1974.
Atkinson Associates can offer detailed technical advice on the use and practical performance of steel, stainless steel and aluminium.
Atkinson Associates also specialise in the provision of consultancy and advice on all aspects of the specification and supply of protective coatings for architectural usage, especially anodising, galvanising, PVDF, remedial coatings and polyester powder coating.
- Qualified Metallurgist : B. Met. (Hons) University of Sheffield
- Chartered Engineer : C. Eng.
- Professional Member of the Institute of Materials : MIMMM
- Fellow of the Institute of Metal Finishing : FIMF
- Over 35 years Metal Finishing Experience
- Registered with the Engineering Council
- Full Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Approved Consultant with The Architectural Advisory Service Centre
- Approved Consultant with The Aluminium Federation
- Approved Consultant with Syntha Pulvin UK
- Approved consultant with International Paint Limited
- Works Metallurgist Aluminium Extrusion Co. 6 years
- Works Manager Anodising Company 7 years
- General Manager Powder Coating Company 5 years
- Operations Director Architectural Anodising Co. 5 years
- Managing Director Stainless Steel Finishing Co. 6 years
In recent years Michael Atkinson has also represented the following industry bodies:
- BSI Representative on the CEN 159 European Committee
- Industry Representative on the British Stainless Steel Association
- Industry Representative on the Aluminium Finishing Association
- Industry Representative on the Aluminium Coatings Association
- Member of the Aluminium Federation Environmental Committee